ILC-Brazil is a think tank active in strategic issues relating to longevity and population ageing.
Our areas of action are:
- Advocacy for the full citizenship rights of older persons in all settings.
- Close liaison with international networks and inter-governmental agencies.
- Constant updating of best practice on ageing policy from the national and international experience.
- Awareness-raising on ageing issues across all sectors.
- Act as a main reference on ageing issues to national and international media.
- Implementation of qualitative studies to promote innovation.
- Development of community-based initiatives.
- Orientation and supervision of national and international “Age-friendly City” projects.
- Conceptually framing Age-friendly approaches and design in multiple settings.
- Participation in international collaborative studies.
- Organization of International Longevity Forum, congresses and seminars.
- Supporting public and private entities developing activities, services or products for older persons.
- Communicating a proactive age-friendly message in Portuguese, English, Spanish and German in a wide range of international and national forums.
Key themes: longevity revolution; age-friendly societies and cities; active ageing; resilience; empowerment; protagonism of older persons; housing and habitat; age-friendly business and tourism; culture of care; LGBT and gender; life course; older persons’ rights; global ageing; ageing on the international agenda.